The first post for the year is an easy one (well not exactly) – Resolutions.
I have never before created resolutions for a whole year. I do tend to fix some goals, achieve them and make a review of those. But I never did it on a yearly basis. The goals are not in particular order of importance, some of them are quite easily achievable, others are a bit more tricky. I hope to finish all these, and to add even more during the year. So here is to a spectacular year!
- Help my mum fight her illness. Every way I can.
- Start and finish the 90-day-diet. Started on the 2nd of January. Goal end date: April 2nd, 2012. Well almost there 🙂 Didn’t finish it really. But I did start and finish another one and I am quite pleased with the results 🙂
- Write every day. Not sure if it will be a blog post here, or a newsletter, or a professional blog post, but I want to write every day.
- Make a couple of new friends.
- Go to Pilates 2x a week. Stopped for a while in February (it was -12). But started yoga, and I am visiting the classes every week!
- Read more books on my Kindle. Currently I have around 100 books to read…more than Enough for 2012.
- Learn more about Yoga, Ayurveda, Zen and Buddhism.
- Finish a 10-week cooking Ayurveda course. Goal start date: February 8, 2012. Finished! Although I missed like 50% of the classes 🙂 Still I learned a lot about cooking with the right kind of spices.
- Go to one massage per month. February. March. April. May.
- Travel more. Booked a trip to Milan & the French Riviera for February. Went skiing for 5 days in March.
- Improve my coding skills. Signed up for a weekly challenge with the Codecademy.
- Improve my HTML skills.
- Get to know the product I am branding to the core. Yes – Yes 🙂 It’s happening!
- Back up all my digital photos.
- Shoot more pictures.
- Make an Instagram photo-book. Made fridge magnets from 9 of mine favourite Instagram pictures.
- Buy a camera, or a phone with better camera. Bought the iPhone 4S on March 8th. Shooting more now 🙂
- See at least 3 good plays. And/or visit the Opera.
- Get eyeglasses for PC.
- Get together with friends more often. Host a big game night.
- Watch Cirque du Soleil. Done!
- Start looking for my own place.
- Save up.
- Start a fund “My 2013 trip to NY“
- Plan a trip to Cuba and/or London.
- Start dancing salsa again and reconnect with old friends.
- Learn to cook at least 12 good-tasting dishes. One for each month.
- Own a tablet. Check. Motorola XOOM. Not my first choice, but as we say in Bulgaria “you don’t look at the teeth of a gifted horse”, meaning that if it is a gift you should appreciate it and not look at its flaws.
- Watch even less TV.
- Finally, put my docs in order, find a master’s degree that absolutely inspires me and start studying again.
- Try something new every month.
- Go to TedxBG. Done.
What are your goals? What will you strive for in 2012? Personally? Professionally?