The reason things aren’t happening right now: it’s not the right time.
Беше петък вечер. Някъде към седем и половина. Пътуваше към далечна дестинация. Прозорците на колата бяха отвворени и вятърът рошеше косата и. Обичаше да пътува до малки затънтени места, по малки ненатоварени пътища, да чува щурците, да усеща лъчите на залязващото слънце през задния прозорец. Беше пътувала по този път безброй пъти. Само тази година – над пет. Но той беше винаги различен. Понякога зелен, слънчев и лек. Друг път тъмен, натоварен и сив. Беше от хората, които се радват на дестинацията, но също така могат да отделят дни за да стигнат до нея. Да се насладят на пътуването. Да спрат за кафе и да си побъбрят с нощната смяна на бензиностанцията във Велико Търново. Да снимат безбрежните макови полета. Да погледат небето. Да посетят приятел. Не обичаше да бърза. Мислеше си колко е хубаво извън София. София също е хубава, но сякаш поне половината от проблемите и чакащите, невзети решения остават зад гърба и. И и става по-леко. Поне до понеделник И се усмихва. И си мисли, че идващият понеделник може би няма да е чак толкова страшен. И се усмихва още по-широко.
It’s one of those days – when I feel great for no apparent reason at all. Or maybe there is a reason – finally succeeding to make a great loking sock bun, or finally having sun bathing my skin at lunch, after two weeks of heavy rain, or just plain laugh with a friend. Summer doesn’t seem so far away today, so it’s time for some summer plannig, travels, dinners with friends and family and lots and lots of sun! No wonder I am in a great mood.
Up until last year I’ve prided myself on being a person with no big worries, or problems. I was always smiling. To everyone. I was the most positive and enthusiastic person on Earth. Well life proved me wrong. This year is much harder than anything I’ve experienced in my life. And yet, I am still smiling. Nevertheless, there is a small grain of sadness in my smile today. It’s because I’ve learned that happiness is really not the nonexistence of problems, I’ve learned that to be optimistic and smiling when your character is tested everyday required much more strength and control, I and that as you grow up problems become an everyday matter. The only important thing is my attitude. I can break down and complain, or I can smile and fight back. It’s that simple.
Yesterday. It’s been going on for four and a half months. The not breathing. I passed through lots of different feelings, I’ve never experienced before – like the heart-stopping fear I used to wake up with for a big chunk in December. But now things are looking up. We still have a long way to go till everything goes back to normal. But yesterday was a turning point in this journey. For the first time in months, I experienced indescribable joy and relief. And I sarted breathing again… Hope, faith, good friends and positive thinking is what got me through the past months. And now I can start seeing the beauty of life again.
New ex, new sunny office, new promotion, new phone…and these are only the ‘material’ changes March brought me. But there is something more…beneath the surfice. A calmer, newly adopted approach to live. One that does not require, does not judge, and is not in a hurry. One that wants to discover, craves adventure and sees new beginnings everywhere. Sometimes it takes us just a couple of silent days in the mountain to relize we’ve taken a new direction.
For some time now, about 6 months or so, I have been taking photos with my phone and posting them to Instagram. It started just for fun, but then it downed on me that I can use them in my blog posts. I have many marvelous pics taken on the go (most of them Instagrammed). And I have always wanted to do something with them. My research lead me to StickyGram. A company that allows you to make MAGNETS, that’s right, out of your best and most cherished shots! I just received the first batch I ordered, and the pictures look delicious 🙂 It has been so long, that I had a picture printed… Can’t wait to gift them to my friends and family. I will definitely order more.
And if you are wondering what to do with your treasured Instagram pictures, here are three of my favorite very very cool options:
- The above mentioned StickyGram. You get 9 magnets for only $14.99 with FREE shipping to anywhere in the world!
- Casetagram empowers you to create a very customized iPhone4 case, with your Instagram shots. The price is $34.95, again free shipping worldwide.
- Finally, with Instagoodies, you get to print 90 of your photos as 2.5cm stickers for $14. Let the sticking frenzy begin!
All that being said, I don’t want you to think I am advertising those companies. They are just on my “To Try” list. And I am still looking for a company that actually prints nicely and SPHIPS Instagram photos to Bulgaria. So if you have any idea, drop me a line! Thanks!
- Think like a winner. Every little change starts with one person. Small wins amass and change the world. The small things you do every day, that’s what matters. Everyday can be a holyday. It doesn’t have to be a special date on the calendar. Every day can bring you success, happiness, or just make you feel content, whit what you do. It’s up to me. It’s up to you. And every day counts.
- Get inspired. Read a nice book, watch a creative video, read a great quote, or a blog post, stop & look at a masterpiece for a moment. Experience greatness, let it flow and feel it. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm, as Ralf Waldo Emerson said.
- Boost my motivation. I’ve read somewhere that motivation is not something we should take for granted. Just as our bodies need food every day, our mind needs motivation, challenges, clashes of ideas… Provide those every day.
- Foster my dreams & ideas. Doesn’t matter if there are new or old, if they are mine or stolen. The tiniest idea can sink so deep in your conscience that it can change you forever. And sometimes it’s the small things (the ones I don’t necessarily notice) that help me grow.
- Question everything. Is this the best way to do this? Is it the simplest way? Will it help? Am I doing the best I can? And so on… Don’t’ get me wrong I do not doubt myself; I am just always searching for a better me.
- Observe. Sometime ago I started taking photos. On the go. With my phone. I don’t strive for the best quality here. I just want to see the world and the people around me in a different angle. I stop and think about how I can see gratitude, joy, friendship, success, content… in the photos I take. And I strive to notice all these things more and more. Every day. This beautifies and enriches my world. And I find myself looking for new things to discover and photograph.
- Be grateful. This is a hard thing to do. Being grateful. Expressing gratitude toward someone. Most people don’t even mean it when they say ‘thank you’. But a couple of months I found myself in a thigh place and situation so-hard-to-bear (unprovoked and unexpected), that I was forced to turn to the people around me. And they ASTONISHED me. Most of them I have known for less than 6 months, but I don’t think that even my best-est of friends would have succeeded in comforting me better, making me feel understood, and most of all showing me real care. I didn’t think that people like these existed. I have never met people so great, so caring, so generous. (I thought they only existed in my favorite books). I gladly confess that I was mistaken.
- Share. Sharing is a hard lesson to learn. I am grateful I was brought up with hard-coded sharing values. I believe that eventually everything comes back to us. The Earth is round, and we are all just energy. So the more we share the more we connect. With each other. With ourselves. An idea I share can travel a thousand kilometers, a line I write can reach thousands of people. It doesn’t matter, what you do, just share it.
- Never stop doing/helping. Everybody has a thing… my thing? Enthusiasm, smiles, radiating positive energy. But for all those, I need to feel content with myself. And the more I do in a single day, the better and more satisfied I feel. I like goals, because I like feeling great about achieving them.
- Have a date with reality. I try to figure out what made me happy, or sad. I strive to see the value in everything that I spend time on. I don’t want to wake up one day and realize that a big chunk of my life has passed me by while I was thinking I am doing something with my life. Only to realize that I was mistaken. I challenge myself, I tend to learn something new, I strive to spend more time with the people that matter. Sometimes I talk too much, sometimes I am too silent… It’s not a change of mood, or a caprice, it’s just my way to sync with everything around me.